Sunday, February 17, 2008

Paralyzed

I thought that love would inspire my art but it has paralyzed it with the need of perfection, the fear of error. I started a painting with my new love in mind and I screwed it up. it paralyzed me, I couldn’t get past it. I got angry with it and refused to create. Strange isn’t it? I got caught up with dating and then getting sick with one thing after another so I ended up with out the strength to create anything so I gave up, didn’t even bother to draw. Am I the only one who ever feels this way? maybe I’m not an artist.

1 comment:

  1. Dinah...I was reading your blog and saw this little entry from Feb. I have a theory about "LOVE" and art...I believe that Love and Art come from the same place in your heart and brain...so when your energy is focused on love it takes away from your art and visa-versa...both of these emotions (love and creativity) are very intense and take a lot of energy. But when you are an artist, like yourself, you can't have one without the other...that is what makes us "tick" as artist. Just a little "Eastism philosophy"
    Linda (Okla)

    ReplyDelete